- American Bird Conservancy’s Bird Friendly Building Design – This document provides guidelines on how to make primarily commercial buildings bird-friendly.
- BirdCast – When, where, and how far will birds migrate? The Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s migration forecasts answer these questions for the first time with live bird migration forecasts.
Rehabilitation Centers in and around Pittsburgh:
- Outside My Window: A Bird Watcher’s View of the World with Kate St. John
- Celebrate Urban Birds
- Pennsylvania eBird
- FLAP Canada
- Bird-safe Portland
- “Cataloguing Patterns” – Maria Mangano is one of eight featured artists at the SPACE Gallery. Her pieces examine the fragility of birds in urban environments.
- Blackwell, Bradley F., Travis L. DeVault, Thomas W. Seamans, Steven L. Lima, Patrice Baumhardt, and Esteban Fernàndez-Juricic. “Exploiting Avian Vision with Aircraft Lighting to Reduce Bird Strikes” Journal of Applied Ecology 49 (2012): 758-766. 7 Aug. 2014.
- Hager, Steven B., Bradley J. Cosentino, Kelly J. McKay, Cathleen Monson, Walt Zuurdeeg, and Brian Blevins. “Window Area and Development Drive Spatial Variation in Bird-Window Collisions in an Urban Landscape.” Plos One 1 2013: 1-10. Web. 6 Aug. 2014.
Laws & Regulations:
- Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918
- Endangered Species Act of 1973